Pertplus
Colonel

Drives: 2014 991 Turbo S

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2014 Porsche 991 C2S  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
I had parts installed at the port. From what I understand, BMW does residualize certian portions of certain parts. For example, when I was considering leasing, I was told that $1K of the exhaust would be residualized. $450 of the performance spoiler. $0 on the splitters and mirror caps. In addition, for any parts that were residualized, those parts would need to be returnd with the lease.

Not sure what you were told regarding this, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I ended up purchasing because I wanted the PE and there was no way I was going to be out of pocket $3K on it and have to return it at lease end.

I am not exactly sure about the other parts you ordered, but my memory is that there was no residual on the CF interior trim or performance steering wheel. I am not sure about the grills.
I have no handyman skills (responding to the second post of yours)...and you are right, because I got the CF interior and kidney grills, my residual went from 61% to 62% and up $500. The exhaust, steering wheel and interior trim do not residualize. I am going to do some homework on how to get it installed and not rolled into the lease...but have it installed before I take delivery.

Thanks for the insight!
Pertplus is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0