Originally Posted by TheRealDC
Well - its here at last
. Collected my car on Friday evening. The picture attached was taken late Friday as the light started to go. So, here are my first impressions:-
- Gearchange is shorter throw and less clunky than my E46
- Car is smoother, more refined on long drives
- Nice V8 rumble above 3k revs, but could(should?) be louder ..
- iDrive is a scoosh to use, very neat and intuitive to me, at least
- M-Drive set up for my preferences and to my key
- Steering wheel is thicker, but feels great.
- Seating position is fine, certainly not too high, although I have mine at the lowest setting.
-Looks spectacular, yet understated too, if that makes any sense?!?
- Brakes feel very strong.
- Good steering feel (off centre) in corners on sport setting.
- Clutch/gearchange no longer require Conan the Barbarian to be effective.
- Chilled storage compartment on transmission tunnel.
No likeys -
- Less storage cubby holes
- Seat belt handler seem a little flimsy - time will tell ...
- Steering is a little vague just off centre, even on sport setting
- Fuel consumption so far (cruising) is 23.5 mpg - not good! Hope it'll imrpove with miles.
- Big square rear-view mirror - yuk!
More feedback once I get some more (non-commuting) miles under the wheels...
Please make this it's own thread. It deserves it!!
Love the IB by the way. Feel free to take more pics.
What are the specs on your car? Interior color/trim?
You say you like the off center feel then you say it is vague.