06-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
a.wang
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 Jerez E90

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord73 View Post
Sorry guys I know this may not be the right forum but since this is due to me doing ED I figured I would start here. I'm finally getting around to swapping out my Euro plate in the back to my new TX plate. I found the adaptor in the trunk but the screws to mount the plate to it aren't included. So before I head over to ACE and start trying various screws does anybody know the size of the screws required? Any help would be appreciated.
In my opinion, if there arent any screw holes drilled into your front bumper yet, don't do it. Either go to Home Depot and do this DIY for like 5 bucks:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826601

Or get the tow hook plate holder, which is significantly more expensive. Personally, I hate how the tow hook plate holder looks but it works for some.

You could also go with the double sided tape option, or velcro, but you'd have residual sticky glue on the bumper if you ever wished to remove it. The most over the top method is to remove the front bumper, tape two powerful magnets on the inside, and just magnet your plate on for the cleanest look. Just some suggestions, but if you wish to do the OEM plate holder then so be it.

EDIT: It seems this post is quite old, and OP probably found those screws already. Whoops
a.wang is offline   United_States