ILSMKU
BMW FTW

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Yes it's normal. The power steering pump is probably turning slower now because of the pulley.
Thanks for the reassurance. After first noticing the problem I went to check my power steering fluid resevoir and it was nearly empty although according to the BMW service manual it was supposed to be checked at every service and inspection.

Unfortunately, topping off the fluid didn't fix the problem but I was a bit worried that running so low on power steering fluid for a prolonged period may have damaged something.
I noticed a difference but it wasn't a night a day difference.

Not sure if you have this option but in the "m" settings you can change the steering feel from sport to normal. Normal being easier to turn.
///2013 AW 6MT E92 ZCP M3/// Black 359M Wheels/BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Mirror Caps/Arkym AeroSport Front Lip/Turner 15MM Spacers/LUX 8 LED Halo/IND Gloss Black Grills, Gills and M3 Emblem/30% 3M Tint/BMW Interior LED/MusicCar Subwoofer Enclosure/JL Audio 12" W6 Sub and XD600:1 Amp/Euro Sunglasses Tray/Ceramic Coated Megan Racing Exhaust/AFe Dry Air Filter/RPI Intake Scoops/Euro MDM/Feature Coded.
ILSMKU is offline   No_Country