Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Sally watched a guy in front of her drive straight off between 1 and 2. Almost like his brakes were cooked. Came off the straight too fast and just couldn't get the speed down. You look down there and it does not look like a pleasant place to take a low clearance car. You are right for sure. Most corner don't look like 4 off would be easy to drive away from without damage. Our car may sound like a Marmot whistling at every braking point, but it will stop on a dime with no fade. BBK with race pads is key at the speeds coming off the bank.
...Its easy to misjudge the braking zone into T2. Last Dec after my 330 broke down for the last time, I brought my E90 M3 out to TWS. I was going down the front straight, felt comfy doing like about 130mph. Came off the banking looked down at the speedo...actually at 150mph. I went straight off which is the way you want to go. Totally misjudged it.

You DEFINITELY do not want to go off the outside of T1 sideways because that's a pretty steep hill...and its a pretty big damned hill. You basically disappear from the face of the earth.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!