View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
First thing first, that thing is a BITCH to remove.

I first started reading some posts on what is the best way to remove the spoiler and all the adhesive off. I read a post that you could use a ribbon wrap and a heat gun to remove the spoiler. This worked.

Then someone said after the spoiler is removed, you could just rub the adhesive off with your finger and it will come off. Negative, DO NOT do this. Burnt my finger doing this.

Then after this, I tried the Goo Off (professional strength) and that just made a big mess.

I finally went to Auto Zone and got myself a can of 3M adhesive remover. All I can say is, my god, that thing works amazingly. What I did was I also got myself some masking tape and masked the the outer edges where the affected area was. I then sprayed with 3M adhesive remover, let it sit for a few seconds, sprayed again, grab an old gift card, and started gently removing it. It took me a while but it was finally done in about an hour. Then I grabbed some Quick spray detailer and clean the whole trunk up.

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

P.S: God bless 3M for making such incredible products
Thanks for the tip, I'll be picking up some of that remover when I go to do mine.
lsmkr01 is offline   United_States