View Single Post
      04-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #60

Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition

Garage List
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Thank you for contributing this thread by masquerading your opinion as fact. You buy CPO cars because you're cheap and don't care about color; others order Individual cars because they want to pay for something they like and enjoy.

Since you insist on quantifying your arguments, the color was actually worth $5K to me, because that was the extra cost of the Individual paint added to the price I paid. The brand new Individual build M3 with 0-5 miles on it, that I get to spec exactly to my personal preferences (try finding a moonroof on the lot, for example), and know that she's all mine and built just for me with every single option I wanted....yes, that's worth the remaining $25K which I paid, gladly, for the pleasure.

Maybe someday you'll experience that joy yourself. But if you don't, please remember, your view of other people's decisions is not a fact, it's simply a worthless opinion. Thanks.
Come on guy. A lot of us bought new decades ago and even within 5 years. FACT is we did what you did, learned from depreciation and moved on. Yes, we lost money and now a lot of us buy CPO cars. In reality it's the smarter move, regardless of what you or I think. You can keep on saying that but a lot of us have already "been there done that" and learned from that.

Not trying to be a dick here but I bought a $90,000 car built by me from the dealer. Now fast forward to 2013 and that car can be had for $40k or less. So what if I had 1 of 100 in that combo/color in 2002. Means nothing today, absolutely nothing.

Now lets get this back on topic and I will not debate what I know or have experienced over and over with my 15 owned cars since 1991.

Good day sir!