View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #125
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
Straight from RB: "Thanks for the update. Rear calipers are still in development. We will start a thread in our forum under New Development with details before they are released."

I"ll keep an eye on them for you guys.
I have heard back from racing brake. And to tell you the truth I am sick of the run around. Ever sixnve this thread went up I was a supporter of their products. I believe that a smaller company such as Racing Brake can surpass a larger competitors in quality and customer service. I own a small business and attention to detail and the ability to go the extra mile is what gives us the advantage over the larger outfit. I have purchased front bbk and the rear rotor beginning of the year. At time of purchase I spoke to Alex from racing brake who assured me that a 4 pot rear caliper is in development and in 3 months the kit will be available. This would conclude my front and rear brake upgrade. Current cost $3800. In recent follow ups on the caliper I was informed that the design allows for a 47mm height brake pad and is 13 mm smaller than oem caliper it's designed to replace. This will leave a .5 inch or rotor uncovered which will rust if left I painted. Hmmm. This is something that I decided to deal with in time when it becomes apparent. In the least few messages I was then informed that a 2 pot rear caliper is in production and will be released in 3 months time. What is the deal with racing brake. I was assured by racing brake and other members on this forum that racing brake will utilize their front 4 pot caliper for the rear to complete the set. Whole basis of my purchase was based upon a promise of 4 pot front and 4 pot rear caliper. Additionally price quoted is 1500 for the tear calipers. So total price 5300. I have found ap racing brakes on sale as a complete set for this price and stoptech 380mm with 355 rears for well under 5000. Where is the savings and the quality with great customer service I was expecting ?

A quote from their website "Not a big name like Brembo or AP. No complicated brake theories, misleading claims or fabricated data. No gimmicks. Simply great brakes at great prices!”
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher

Last edited by Chriskm3; 04-03-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada