View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #137
NikB316
Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksflatlander View Post
Seriously considering adding a stage 2 kit to my DCT M3. I'm wondering if any stats have been compiled now that there are lots of cars out there with the kits installed.

How many kits have been installed on both fully manual and DCT? Versus - how many serious engine failures? How many serious DCT failures?

Like many decisions there is a risk/reward factor to evaluate. What data is out there to do this? Reward is the increase in power, the risk is no warranty on extremely expensive engines and in my case with a DCT, an expensive tranny. Would just like data to evaluate that ratio prior to jumping in.

Are any of these numbers available?
Exactly what VCM said above. I have over 30 dynos done with my generation 2 stage 3 kit all very consistent with graph and power. Same thing when I had my generation 1 stage 2 kit however the new generation is definitely the best. I have nearly 25k supercharged miles on my car and its running stronger than ever. Check out this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81569

80k supercharged miles on a single kit and car - very impressive! That is the highest amount of miles seen on a single supercharged e92 m3 car. AA has been in the business a long time and you'll see older M3s done up by them with 150k+ miles. Get a good kit, good installer and enjoy!

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)