View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
Cheers! The actual video quality is better than what is shown on Youtube.

Yes, it can be mounted on the rearview mirror using the non-residue 3M adhesive SnapTray that comes with the kit. It sticks on to the base of the rearview mirror perfectly, without any protrusions - the SnapTray is tiny and pretty much weightless. The camera is also very light and the kit comes with a swivel HeimLock Mount that quickly allows you to do fine position adjustments. The HeimLock which attaches to the camera, can easily be detached from the SnapTray, leaving the SnapTray on the base of the rearview mirror.

The other benefit of the circular nature of the ReplayXD1080 is, regardless of the position of the mount, you can always rotate and orientate the camera quickly so that it is always right side up - not so simple with the GoPro, given that the GoPro's hinge is always at the bottom of the camera (with the case on).

I was using a homemade windscreen mount in the video above, but I have since purchased a proper suction mount with a short arm, and I can stick it anywhere I want. In short, I use the suction mount for windscreen and body panels, SnapTray+HeimLock for rearview mirror and my helmet:

I would personally have the Hero 3 in-addition to the ReplayXD1080 as they complement each other very well.
Great review. We've recently made the switch from the GoPro to the ReplayXD units as well - couldn't be happier.

ReplayXD is what we'll be using to capture all of our track footage now.