View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #28
Magnetic Fusion
Private

Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Magnetic Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92zero View Post
Hi, I have just started to notice this on my car also. I have about 24k miles on my car. Happened 2 x the last couple of months when it's really cold and I left the car outside for the whole day. If I start driving off right away (like 10-15 seconds after start up), at the first stop sign that I get to, the idle would jump between 500-800. Never feel like it wants to stall and will go away if I just let it do that for maybe 10 seconds. If I let the engine warm up for 30 seconds or so before driving off, this won't happen. Sean05/Richpuer, does your car need any fix or it runs perfectly fine as time go on. Thanks in advance.
I just moved from sunny Arizona to freezing ass cold NY and starting noticing this same problem...like the car has to warm up or something. This is my 6th BMW and I always like to clean the ICV but I usually will do this when I need to take the intake off...which is a hassle! I let it run for about a minute and it goes away and I have a smooth idle. I'm throwing no codes but I know it never used to do this in Arizona. I used to travel for work and within 1 year of owning the car I had only driven it three times for about a week at a time. Now I driving it everyday and its getting annoying. Is there anything I can do to clean this without removing it? I like my cars to run smooth and I've never had a BMW break down on me in 10 years of owning one. The inline 6 is one thing but this V8 is another....its a very tight squeeze in the engine bay! A quick fix it needed please