03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #186
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I've used both RS3s and NT01s...you'll be back on NT01s sooner or later. Trust me. The best part of getting NT01s is that soothing and relaxing cooing sound they make...why would you NOT want that!

Seriously, that's not true for me. I will stay with NT01s. While this splicing thing is an annoyance, it doesn't necessarily result in a useless, unsafe tire. RS3s won't last long on an E9X M3. IMO, RS3s don't like heavy cars. I used to get up to 12psi of pressure increase from a 20 min session. AND...they are about 4 seconds slower on a 2.4 mile course.
i will be back on R6's or Conti scrubs next set. i don't have a dual purpose set. it is all or nothing. PS2's for street and slicks for the track. I needed something to satisfy the drivers edge requirement temporarily, so i cannot run my R6's.

imo, i think the NT01 is unsafe at the moment. if it comes completely apart on the straight at TWS and you are on with the wall, were the 4 seconds worth it? i am out to have fun, not necessarily set records. nobody has had one completley come apart yet, but i do not want to be the guinea pig. my time is also more valuable than wasting it arguing with Nitto. i hope they figure this out as it is a nice tire.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0