03-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #34
Jbook
Major

Drives: '11 ESS E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
Is there any major difference in the ActiveAuto X-pipe vs. the Akra one or Challenge X-pipe from GTM?

Sure I'd love to hear it and we can compare notes

I'm near Cisco (milpitas area) or we can meet at my shop in Fremont off Automall.
That's pretty close to where I work in Sunnyvale, just a run down 237.

I think the Akra has 100 cel HFC which they place near the center brace vs the AA which has 200 cel (they may have changed this on the newer version) which are placed in the same position as the stock x-pipe cats. I'm not familiar with the challenge, but I believe it is a similar setup as the AA.

I think Trev Nish posted a video of Urmil and I doing a few fly bys. That would be a good comparison because he has the full Akra. Are you in FB group? If so I can tag you on the post.
ESS VT2-625 w/ DCT Software | Stack Gauges | 19" BBS FI | Ohlins R&T w/ Vorshlag CPs | Dinan Sway Bar, Strut Braces, & Pedals | Fire Orange Brembo GT 380 F&R w/ Endless Pads | Akrapovic GT4 | Vorsteiner GTS-V Lip & White Piped Floormats | 3D Design Diffuser | Platte Forme CF Side Skirt Extensions | BMW Performance Seats, CF Spoiler, CF Mirror Covers w/ M5 Paint Scheme, & Performance Steering Wheel w/ White Stripe