View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #103
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States

Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Indeed...however this particular dead horse has been flogged every which way hundreds of times and the only SINGLE truism that comes out is that you should buy the transmission that YOU PREFER.
And what sort of lame brained individual asks on a forum for help on deciding which transmission to go for? You might as well ask whether to buy apples or oranges and decide on the outcome rather than your own taste.
Except people would start to suggest that the enthusiast prefers oranges, that oranges are more involving because they have to be to peeled, oranges are less likely to go bad and soon there will be no more oranges.
Save the oranges.
Oranges FTW
+1
+100
+1 on the apples and oranges comment.

One thing I disagree with, though, is your view that it's "lame brained" to ask for opinions from those with experience owning a transmission.

I couldn't disagree more. The experiences of those, for example, who have owned one type of transmission for years, and have decided to switch, are immensely valuable. That is real world information that goes well beyond "personal preference". When I heard from drivers who admitted they missed shifting in their DCT, for example, I knew I'd likely feel the same way. Going fast isn't enough for me; I want engagement. In fact, the role such information played in my own ordering experience is why I shared it in this thread.

I wish we could all just get along, including when we discuss, objectively and good-naturedly, the experiences we've had with each.