Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis
My '08 E90 has 55,000 miles on it and I'm thinking of doing a suspension, but has anyone replaced the EDC shocks with new stock EDC units? How many miles did the car have on it and did you notice a difference?

It seems like my suspension has picked up some impact harshness that it didn't have when new. I'd like to keep EDC but I'm wondering whether it's worth replacing the shocks at this point. I hear they're very expensive.
I think you are far better off upgrading to a coilover. If you are going to spend the cash you may as well upgrade your suspension.
KW has the ECU/DDC (V3 spec'd) coilovers that are adjustable with the push of a button from the cabin. Apparently the "comfort mode" is just as comfortable as the EDC comfort mode setting.
I just bought a set and can let you know after the install.
If you are set on OEM, I'd find a used set and save some $$$. I may be selling my OEM ZCP suspension after the install, I have 7,500 miles on my car.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here