Thread: Track Goodies
View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #45
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man

Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3

Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I love what you did to the tires! I always liked colored lettering on the tires. I think I may try something like that on on my next new set of RS3s.

How's paint holding up so far? Track use?
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
how did the yellow hold up on the track?
Prior to starting the project I cleaned one tire really well with degreaser and soapy water. The other 3 tires were just wiped off and colored. After the first session the 3 wiped tires were starting to flake off pretty good. The one properly cleaned tire was still going strong. I'm ok with the experiment because I had plans to flip the tires prior to my next track event. So if you want your work to last make sure the really clean the tires prior painting................Phil
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Perf Steering Wheel, C/F Perf Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan C/F Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan C/F Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK, Swift Spec-R Springs + Track Gear