03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: C63 AMG Sedan

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Unfortunately it's time for a new car...

So I had the great misfortune of getting into an accident last week. Long story short a minivan made an illegal left turn in front of me on Don Mills, I braked hard but there was no chance of stopping in time. I hit her dead on in the side and my airbags etc went off. I'll share a pic eventually but it was not pretty. She was charged (of course) and I just got word back from the appraiser that they are writing off my 2011 E90 M3 as there is frame damage.

Leaves me in a bit of pickle now though as I'm not sure on what to get next... I have a young daughter so still leaning towards a sedan but since the M3 sedan is out of production that is out. I may consider an M3 coupe but frankly thinking about something else given I've had two E90 M3s and the next gen isn't that far off. At minimum I need a backseat so a Cayman S is (likely) out... I was at the Benz dealer on the weekend as my wife ordered a new 2013 B250, the 2013 C63 is rather nice but not sure.

Appreciate any thoughts/input on other options around the same price range. Really haven't had much time to digest the fact that my M3 is a goner...