rjd598
Brigadier General

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I honestly don't get the rave reviews of Sonax either. I purchased the buy 2 get one free from detailers domain and I'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't do anything normal shampoo and water can do in the same time or quicker. I just use my wheel woolies. I have not used it again since the first time I tried it a month or so ago.
This is actually my experience as well. I bought a gallon back in the day and have used it maybe two or three times. This is because sonax isn't meant to be a maintenance wash for your wheels. It's really for the wheels that have been neglected for long periods of time. If your wheels are sealed then there is no need for sonax and soap and water with some elbow grease will yield beautiful clean rims. Even if your rims aren't sealed the same process will still yield clean rims as long you give them a good wash consistently rather than let them sit for a year. Trust me I've done this and I'm sure the protection on my rims is near gone at this point and I actually let a good amount of dirt build up on the rims before I tackle them and soap and water still gets it done. If there are some stubborn pieces I just hit it with af citrus power and that'll do the trick