View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
robotk
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Just used sonax for the first time this morning and I'm a little disappointed. My car had about two weeks of brake dust/dirt built up and my wheels are silver which makes it very noticeable. Sprayed on the sonax and let it go to work...sprayed it off with water and was shocked to see a decent amount of brake dust remained. Don't get me wrong, it was def cleaner than before but reading reviews of the stuff I expected the wheels to be spotless.
Get some Wheel Woolies. Makes cleaning so much easier - It really cuts down on the time and you will end up with a pristine wheel, barrels and all.

I'm not sure I understand the point of these expensive wheel cleaners. Maybe if you have neglected wheels, they makes sense. If you clean your car at least once a month, I would think that soap, water and good brushes will have the same effect. I try to wash my car at least once every other week and have never had a problem.