The Performance Friction Direct Drive Rotor is a direct 2-piece rotor replacement for the E82 BMW 1M. They are designed to be used with the factory caliper, with no other parts or modifications necessary. Kit includes everything needed (rotor, hat and hardware) for a single rotor replacement. Priced per rotor. PFC Pads suggested - check pad-clearance before using with any other manufacturer pads.
2-piece rotors offer better cooling over a one-piece design. Performance Friction's full floating Direct Drive attachment system allows the brake disc to naturally expand/contract on both radially and axially without being constrained by the hub. This helps eliminate rotor warping, vibrations and pulsations. Due to the high quality of Performance Friction's design and manufacturing, the Direct Drive rotors are completely silent and rattle-free - a trait typically found in many competitor's 2-piece designs. The hat assembly is completely reusable - no need to buy the entire rotor again! And, because the rotor is designed for use with the factory caliper, you can still use your favorite Performance Friction brake pads!
- High Carbon Alloy with copper and molybdenum for high temperature strength and durability.
- Vanes turned OD and ID for balance to reduce thermal warping and vibration.
- Runout less than .001 inches, reducing Pulsation and Vibration.
- Thickness variation less than .0003 inches reduces Pulsation and Vibration.
- 47 or more vanes for superior thermal capacity.
- Aircraft quality heat treated for micro structure alignment and durability.
- Surface finish less than .7 microns.
- 100% measured and inspected to meet tolerance specifications.
- 4.2 pounds lighter than OE rotor
for the pair