View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
hpc3
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '13 M3 ZCP 6sp

No, just on some of the DCT cars from what I've found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCM3ryder View Post
i see ppl with DCT are having this issue. Is it the same for people with manual? i am think about getting it.
Its made for the 6sp cars(and autos) so both of those seem to work w/o issue. Some of the other coders/techs on the forums may know exactly what the difference is here but I'm guessing the DCT cars get their RPM signal from another controller/CAN link in the car vs the DME one you tap on the 6sp/auto cars... sort of explains why there is no CAN signal to light the DCT LEDs(in the right display pod) on a 6sp car for example. That signal is probably coming from another controller in the car. You should be fine with a 6sp though and the V2 wheel.

Also shop around some... these go for ~$1100-1150 new for the base wheel/clock-ring/controller/wiring package in the US. You can save a good bit off the MSRP $1600 or whatever. Mine's been here a week and I'm getting itchy to find time to install it. Can't wait.

Born on 07/04/12, PCD September 5th, 2012.
hpc3 is offline   United_States