View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #47
M3takesNYC
Banned

Drives: m3

Beside the torque vs power debate, needing AWD is the biggest fallacy of them all. RWD with snow tires will take virtually anything down and do a MUCH better job than AWD with all-season tires.

In Summer, a high-performance tires rated for dry and rain again will do absolutely just as well providing you keep the tires with a good tread depth which if you do not even with AWD you will be sliding

the ONLY way awd is truly needed enough to influence a car buying situation is if you live in an area with significant elevation or hills. In that case the RWD rarely will struggle a bit but even in these cases with snow tires not so much.

I lived in a really snowy area for 2 years in a RWD bimmer. Good all-season was fine 80 percent of the time. Snows I had 100 percent of the time not a problem going through any amount of snow thrown at me.

But if it makes sense to someone's head and they want to buy an inferior car for awd which won't benefit them in anyway its to each their own.

Now if someone wanted an RS4 for other reasons or they prefered the car than so bet it. But to buy one for AWd is quite silly unless your in the mountains