radiantm3
Apex Everything!

Drives: >1000 HP in my garage

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
I think a lot of folks (including me) are headed to Laguna Secca later this summer for the BMW CCA Oktoberfest event. From what I read, they will be enforcing a 92db limit that week. I think a lot of us with aftermarket exhausts will have a tough time meeting that limit. Are there any tricks to not being black flagged for noise during one of these HPDE events? Do they just record sound levels at one particular station at the track? Could one "slow down" a bit during that stretch of the course to lower your db levels in order to pass...to something like 6-7,000 rpms to pass and then flog it the rest of the way around the track? How strict are they at these thing?

I've never been to a track with a noise ordinance like this, so wondering if I should even bother with entering into the HPDE event.
They will know you are way over the limit if you flog it everywhere except past the sound booth. They can send out a mobile sound reader. But at the same time I know people who have exhausts that hit 105db and have gotten away with lifting near the sound booth. Either way you are taking a risk.

But the sound booth is between turn 5 and 6. Oem exhaust mods are over 92db and my akra evo is pretty much at that limit. I'll get flagged depending on weather conditions so I just up shift a little early because I don't want to risk losing the rest of a session.
(1:40 @ Laguna Seca, 2:03 @ Thunderhill, 1:52 @ Infineon)
radiantm3 is offline   United_States