View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #151

Drives: Jerez Black E90

We have good courses here, we are blessed with a decent lot size though the surfaces are low grip

The RD sport bar is bigger than the dinan bar, no idea if it is stiffer, but the lever arm is also shorter. For street handling it 'd be perfect on the middle setting, for autocross it is just about perfect on the r-tires on the stiffest setting. If i was running street tires i might back it off but probably not

I hear you on the pinched street tires not working, but again most of the testing is done on cars that can utilize a wider rim and aren't limited by the Stock ruleset. I think the 275/295 rivals might be the hot ticket, that's what i would try first, but that's because conventional wisdom went the same way with r-compounds until people showed that heavy, fast cars like more tire almost to the point of absurdity, and the 275/295 would be much less pinched than the A6's I'm running. Maybe i will do a test with the rivals later this year and settle the question for myself anyway

Keep us posted on the rivals, I just got some PSS as street/rain tires for the stock wheels, really interested in how the rivals wear

Last edited by Richbot; 03-01-2013 at 10:21 PM.