View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i E90

Home buying: agent or a realtor?

To piggyback on my other post... Regarding home buying.

Is it better to use a realtor or a real estate agent when buying a home?

Obviously a realtor is held to "higher" standards, but at what price cost difference?

Is opting for a realtor when buying really worth the extra money?

I start my search again for a good agent or realtor next week and am trying to gather all the info I can.

What are some good interview questions to ask when trying to select one? What else should I look for in selecting a agent or realtor?

(Obviously have been googling this too, just would like some fellow bmw owners to chime in, since we will ASSUME many of you are doing decent in life to own Both a bmw and an awesome house. )

I'm 26 and this will be my first home. In my area, I see houses go for 125k that would go for 400k to 600k in city areas - I "know" this by watching many hours of hgtv and see what some people pay for houses else, I am not in a large city area, and not suburbs of any large city. Harrisburg pa is about 30 mins away, Philly about 1.5 hrs, Baltimore an hour.