GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia

Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
All up cost

Hi all,

Just joined and this is my first post. I've been hunting for a new car for the last couple of months and finally decided on a new E92 M3 late last week. I rang my local BMW dealer to get my name on the waiting list and put down a deposit. Given the first Australian production run was all spoken for I was expecting to wait until April 2008 (or later) for delivery. A few hours later, I recieved a call back from the salesman ... someone on the list had just cancelled and would I consider finalising an order for the September production run?

As this thread is about pricing, I have ordered an Alpine White, Fox Red Interior, Aluminium Trim, Manual. Options (there aren't many for Australian spec cars) are sun roof (I'm no purist), comfort windscreen, rear roller blind, 19" alloys, high end audio. Basically, the only thing this car doesn't have is extended leather and a ski-bag. The all up on road cost (including luxury car tax and stamp duty) is $181,000 AUD.

The actual price of the base Australian spec car is $127,000 AUD. The killer is the luxury car tax, GST, and stamp duty ... but I don't care .... beacuse I'll be driving this sucker before Christmas!!!