09-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #79
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How about I tell you if you're a man enough with any brains pick up the calc 4 and diff equations and lets talk...
Priorities man -- some of us had to resort to the Military side (ant think they are super patriotic because of that, but forget the perks and little check they collected and will after retiring), and some of us simply use brain power to make living...

Some drive Bimmers, some Hondas...all about choice.

So, don't pride yourseld as "being a man" for joining the military or playing HS football...

BTW, I was in the military, not by choiuce (where I come from) and have experienced much worse shit in a REAL war than driving the Humwee in the middle of a city...
Dude, wtf? Wow. what an ignorant pos response. I was merely acknowledging the sacrifices made by my brothers in arms and wishing for their safe return. Who said anything of the sort? I don't consider joining the military or anything will make you more of a man. As for HS Football??? Are you kidding? I played it and I could give a fuck about that. Its what you make of yourself and your experiences that shape you as a person. Doesn't matter where or what that could be IMO. Why do I feel as if I am trying to speak to a small child? I wonder what you would consider "real" war? I was in afghanistan, and took 3 gunshot wounds from an RPK LMG (one still in my vertabra), fighting against over 150 Taliban insurgents, with us being outnumbered 3 to 1 in a very remote river valley. But that may not qualify as a "real" war I guess. And do I feel like more of a man just because I was in the military? Hell no. I am who I am. If you think you are more of a man than I, thats great dude, do you want a prize? You're a winner!

And as for the lack of education and having to "resort" to the military, mind you its an all volunteer force. I could have attended various universities, however 9/11 happened and I felt compelled to join. About 90% of my airborne infantry company I served with had higher than 120/130 GT scores, many were fully certified EMTs, along with SEVERAL having recieved college degrees before and during service. Yeah, not bad for a bunch of "dumb grunts".......

Mods: This thread is absolutely worthless and needs to be deleted!

Last edited by RokX; 09-02-2007 at 03:57 AM.