Apex Race Parts is a growing company that produces high performance wheels and wheel accessories. We are deeply involved in motor racing and high performance driving. APEX is looking for a highly motivated Creative Marketing Assistant to work with the Vice President of Marketing. If you are passionate about design and marketing, cars and driving, and the performance automotive industry then this is the job for you.
The Creative Marketing Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day creative marketing activities, production of marketing materials, and organizing efforts to help keep marketing running at full efficiency. Their passion for design and marketing, along with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed, will be integral in helping Apex Race Parts grow into a leader in high performance automotive wheels.
The perfect candidate will be a self-motivated and creative person with excellent communication skills and a strong desire to learn, work, and succeed. They will possess the following knowledge, capabilities, and qualities:
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong creative capabilities: design, production, print management
- Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and venues for marketing
- Sound knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to work individually and to handle self-driven projects efficiently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good and effective relationships with Apex employees
- Strong knowledge of products in the performance wheel market with knowledge of the high performance aftermarket consumer
- Initiative: willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for developing content, responding to customers, industry associates, and the general public
- Excellent project management skills: time management, prioritizing, organizational skills, attentiveness, accuracy
Creative Marketing Assistant Job Duties:
- Adobe Creative Suite:
- Excellent @ Photoshop
- Intermediate @ Illustrator
- Intermediate @ Indesign
- Intermediate @ Dreamweaver or similar
- Intermediate @ HTML and CSS
- Intermediate @ e-commerce or similar web-based data entry
- Excellent @ Microsoft Office
- Intermediate @ project management software
- Intermediate @ blog software
- Intermediate @ photography is a plus
- Proficient typist
Education and Self Development:
- Prepares marketing materials: design, graphics production, arranging printing and Internet packages
- Supports sales: assembles and delivers required marketing copy, presentations, videos, images, creating specific materials for sales, creates Website pages and Blog pages
- Manages e-commerce site: product profiles and general administration
- Maintains marketing library: images, written material, videos, product information
- Keeps projects in order and continually moves them to completion
- Assists with photo shoots
- Help organize events: car meets, open houses, Bimmerfest
- Attend track days, races, and events when possible
- Continually refines professional and job-related skills
What we offer:
- Formal education in graphic design and marketing is preferred
- Exceptional graphic design capabilities and knowledge developed on your own with a background working in marketing is acceptable
- Two to five years of relevant experience in creative marketing with proven success
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full time position
- Potential for telecommuting
- Medical benefits
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days
- Sponsorships/subsidies for HPDE and autocross event registration fees
- Employee discounts
- Eligible for SEMA College Grant and loan forgiveness program
In a cover letter, please write 2 paragraphs on how your experience will directly benefit APEX Race Parts. Additionally, please supply links to a portfolio or samples of your design work. We will not consider candidates unless these are included with their resume. Please send resumes in MS Word or PDF format to apexjobopenings (AT) gmail (DOT) com. Do not contact us directly by phone or PM. All applicants must apply via email.
- The Warehouse and office are 19,000 sq. ft.
- Professional photo booth for car and product photography
- Professional office
- Car lift and tools to work on your car
If you’re a serious car enthusiast that loves to be around performance parts, racecars, and to be actively involved in the automotive community, then this is the job for you. We offer benefits and unique programs, plus the opportunity for promotions as we continue to quickly expand and fill higher level job openings.
About Apex Race Parts
Located in Livermore, CA, Apex Race Parts produces and distributes high-quality performance wheels and wheel accessories for BMWs. We are a growing company focused on high performance products designed to meet the demands of motorsports applications and the serious car enthusiast.
APEX is growing rapidly and expanding beyond support for BMWs into other European and Domestic makes. Driving this expansion is our emphasis on technical expertise and customer support.