Go read 101 book for buying a house before anything else if you haven't.
Short sales/forclosures aren't always a good deal. Get educated to see what you are looking for and what you need to look for. Realtor's cannot tell you everything and you shouldn't expect to have them educate you.
Rule of thumb on house buying:
1. Know the process. And get educated how mortgage payments are made up.
2. Find out your taste
3. Look at listings over internet and open houses
4. Get pre approved or pre qualifed (without this you are wasting your time)
5. Meet with few realtors
6. Select one (do not use multiple) and have him/her your wanted list
7. Keep browsing on your own and have realtor come up with listings based on your list
8. When you look at forclosure/short sale, make sure you check the condition and if it's a handyman's house, make sure you can handle it.
9. Make an offer
I don't know about OH but in NJ/NY, forclosure/short sales aren't all that bargain anymore.
09 E92 335i Coupe
Jet Black/Coral Red/Sports Pkg/Prem Pkg/Cold Weather/Navi/PDC/Ipod/6MT