View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atombyte View Post
Thanks! Yeah, it was a hard pill to swallow going from the 335 to the 328 at first, but around the time the lease was up on the 335, the wife's old X5 needed replacing so in order to get her a new X5, I had to drop to a 328. However, after about 5k miles when the N52 loosened up a bit, I actually started to really enjoy it. Yeah, it's not as fast as the 335, but there is life in the N52 above 5k rpm where there was none in the N54. Coming from a long line of Honda/Acura vehicles, it wound up working for me. Mated to the 6MT, I think the N52 is a very under-appreciated engine. It's silky smooth with very linear power delivery and has a nice tone when revved up. The 328 also could hit corners a bit harder than the 335 with less understeer. That said, I'm really looking forward to the M3! Gonna be a long wait 'til late April/early May.
You'll love the m3. It's the closest thing I've driven that reminds me of my old s2000. It's a thrill to wind it out - the engine just relentlessly pulls. It's a pretty remarkable engine - perfect fit for a Honda guy.
Appreciate 0