Endless619
DHS
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolific View Post
Basically: I have the option to buy an '08 E92 M3 (DCT, loaded with Tech/Premium/Cold Weather) with only ~8500 miles or so on the odometer.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam so I do apologize for that (feel free to link any similar threads that come to mind or may be useful) but I'm just curious what everyone's thought was on this potential purchase? I suppose the more I think about it, I'm just wondering what value I'm getting out of a 2008 vehicle (M3 specifically, but this can go for anything with a similar build - Audi, Benz, etc). In the back of my head, no matter how great this thing looks (how great the engineering may be; see above Audi, Benz, etc), sitting on only 8500 miles, I keep thinking how this car is already 5 years old.

Price currently stands at $47.9, haven't started any type of negotiations or anything yet so pricing aside, what do you guys think about purchasing something from '08? Am I walking into a problem? Do I save the money and go for something slightly newer (2009-11ish?)

Looking forward to some discussion, thanks in advance!
Honestly when you get down to it there is no real significant difference between an 08 and 13 M3. Thats a fact. Cars are to be driven from point A to point B. Period. If you put an 08 next to a 13 you will find no major difference that would sway me from a 08 with 2500 miles and a 13 with 2500 miles. Same car regardless. Some people complain about taillight or navi differences and upgrades but quite frankly some of us arent in the car enough each day to enjoy that stuff. In the past 2 months I have driven my modified M3 maybe a week due to the 30+ inches of snow from the past storms and I have a much nicer newer X5 that I love to drive. Just saying.

08-09 CPO M3 should be $40-$50k depending on miles...

Go with what you want and can afford.

Last edited by Endless619; 02-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.