View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #29
scm6079
First Lieutenant

Drives: '13 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power_ View Post
I'm 16 years old as of now, about to be 17 in two months. Ive always been a car enthusiast my whole life from just being amazed by supercars when I was younger, and I still am now. I'm friends with a neighbor of mine that owns an E92 M3 that I've driven before, and I would consider it one of my dream cars. I'm pretty obsessed with M3s and BMWs period, haha. My question to all of you out there, is where will the E90 and E92 M3s stand in a out 5-10 years? Will they all be sold to owners who will never sell them? Or will they just end up being a collectors item and cost ungodly amounts of money to purchase? I'd just love to own an M3 one day with a naturally aspirated V8.

Back when I was 16 I purchased a cheap Porsche roadster back and spent the next several years restoring it while dreaming my beater-914 was a german super car

OP, honestly, remember that your tastes in cars may change in the amount of time you are talking about. When I was 16/17 I really didn't like BMWs at all. Now I've owned every generation 3-series from the e30 till now.

Also, all cars depreciate. Even my partner's Ferrari depreciates. There is no such thing as a car you will drive that won't go down in value. My weekend car is #13 of only 25 made... and it will still go down in value. The e92 M3 will not be a collectors item.

Maybe you'll have the money for an M4. Maybe an e92 M3. Perhaps an e42 M3 - or even "only" the great e36 M3 (a wonderful driver's car). Or maybe you'll like something more than BMWs by then.

Save your money now. Decide what you want to drive and where your budget is closer to the time you will buy. When you get 6-months out then start shopping in earnest. Any choice will be easier when you have an account full of cash and are ready to buy.

Best of luck,
-Scott
scm6079 is offline   United_States