View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
skoot3r
BMW n00b

Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Send a message via AIM to skoot3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
I had two Dinan tunes and now a ESS tune.

First off, the Dinan tune is not covered under the BMW warranty. Dinan has its own warranty that replaces the BMW one. Depending on the dealership and your SA and tech this can be a hassle if you need to use it.

In terms of performance it is hard for me to make a comparison since I added the ESS tune when I got the blower. But I had a couple of issues with the Dinan tune during cold start-ups... it would through a CEL code from time to time. Never gotten a code with the ESS tune.

Last, the ESS tune allows me to pass inspection with the cat-less x-pipe. In NY you'll pass with only one stored fault code. A cat less system (even with a tune) will normally store two codes, making it impossible to pass.

So I say ESS all the way.

Hope that helps.
strange that you had issues with your tune. I've had it since it was first available and have had no issues. I also updated to the stage two tune since I'm catless and have yet to have any issues
skoot3r is offline   United_States