02-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #91
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post

B) How is negative camber "poser-tastic"? When I added 2 degrees of negative camber using my camber plates I noticed very noticeable turn-in improvements right off the bat because it leads to an even contact patch on the inner tire when turning.
what do you mean by inner tire? 1. the inner 2 tires on the track meaning the inside of the turn which dont benefit from negative camber as the turn accentuates the tires rolling on the inner edge profile giving even less contact. it only helps the outer tires which have the large part of the load and traction in a turn, and benefit from negative camber. ideally you would have negative camber on the outer tires and positive on the inner so they both end up neutral or zero during a turn. 2. the inner part of an individual tire. the point of negative camber is to make even contact across the entire contact patch not the inner part of the tire. both are wrong?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|