View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
W///
Major General

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip3's View Post
So I was sitting at a red light and some lady hit me at about 10mph, from the outside is looked like very little damage. Essentially the bumper was cracked in 2 places. I bring it to a top notch certified body shop and when they take the rear off discover a lot more damage (supposedly). They have to special order a "rear body panel" from Germany. Could they not have sourced this in the US? Even if I got it for them it would still take 3 weeks. Not to mention they had the car for a week before an adjuster even looked at it. They were practically yelling at me when I was on the phone with insurance. "Tell them it's undrivable!" Advice, please!
Not sure what the problem is? Let them fix your car. The rear body panel is what the bumper brackets mount to. I can see them getting damaged, sure. And the part will come from Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Sounds shady. I not exactly sure what 10mph impact would do, but I dont think it would damage the frame. A bumper and paint should cost $2k at max.

I would bring it somewhere else to get another opinion.
Rear body panel does not equal the frame itself.