View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
///M-Flight VP

Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3
From what I know is that BMW doesn't have daily production on the M3's. They have certain dates when they start the production line and start producing them. He told me expect weeks 4-6 of 2013 to start production. Since the website told me Feb 1st its going into production, the dealer has some credibility. It is priority 1 so hopefully once it finishes production it will ship quickly. I guess end of Feb isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point. After all, it only takes a day to produce a car in mass production. Keeping my fingers crossed
I don't know who told you this and it's pretty false. I live in Regensburg and have been fortunate to visit the BMW Regensburg plant where our M3's are made. There's no set day when only M3's or 335' s or 135's or mZ4's etc. are made. You will see all the models on the assembly line and it's all based on when your order was submitted and when it was received by BMW.
2013 "Frozen Red Edition" E92 M3, M-DCT with all the 'fixin's, Akrapovic Evolution w/CF Tips, BPM Stage 2 Tune, BPM DCT Software