Originally Posted by mscdman
Thanks 1more! This is for a winter square setup. I have blizzaks 235/40/18. I still have the following questions:
1) Will it work without a spacer on the rear?
2) if I don't put a spacer on the rear will it affect camber/alignment?
3) so would it be a 12mm or a 20mm spacer I would need on the rear to being it back to OEM stance?
4) if I bring it back to OEM stance with the use of a spacer, will there be any alignment/camber issues?
5) what are the risks of using spacers?
Ugh. I'm frustrated I didn't know this before I purchased.
1- not sure of the caliper clearance stock so cant say. you will have no trouble with the tire or rim inner clearance because you gain 6.7mm of space on the inside.
2-spacer wont affect camber or alignment. i run one on the rear at the track.
4-same as 2
5-low risk. i have run them for 4 plus years on my m3 and have had them on and off bunch of times. need to be careful you buy a good set Macht Snell is what i have used. taking on and off is difficult first time then you figure it out. should use antiseize on the inner hub contact portion so comes off easier. some poeple have had wobble or balance issues with spacer but i think its due to poor set or not seating properly on the hat.
if its for a winter set up i wouldnt worry about spacer as long as you clear the brake calipers. it will be pretty tucked in looking but its up to you. late in the season to worry for this year isnt it?