View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man

Drives: GT4

Originally Posted by atermechi View Post
How do you do that to your tires?
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Agreed, what did you use on the tyres? Paint pen?
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Yeah, how?
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
What kind of wheels are those?
Wheels are TRMotorsport

Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
what did you use ot paint the logos??? I cant figure it out
First off, thanks for the luv gang. I think this is a nice subtle touch to the track gear. So now to the big and what. This is a easy project but it takes some time to complete. I purchased some everyday available touch up paint from Auto Zone. You can obviously pick the color you want. Now here's why this was easy........the RS-3's have the letters engraved in the tires. Other brands tend to use raised lettering. All you need to do is paint the area you want to color with a small paint brush. ( photo #1)
Next day I took a Exacto knife and cleaned the area around each careful not to scrape the paint out of the letters. It took me about 30 minutes a tire. Now the test will be how well the paint holds up. I will do this again when I replace these tires. I would suggest you really clean the area you want to paint and apply a second layer after your initial clean up. There you go.....the secret is out. If anyone does it post your results .........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers...Mods coming soon!