Ran NT01s at 35psi this weekend...good and bad
Purple Durple recommended it and it was AWESOME! My cold pressures were 25psi and they pretty much looked flat but the grip was outstanding and consistent from start to finish. Warm up lap? Don't need it. Greasy? Never.
1. When there was a full course black/yellow, I came in the pits for 4 minutes. Went back out and they were terrible for the rest of the session. Not sure why but they were great the next session.
2. I have 2 massive chunks missing, down to the cords. I'm sure it happened this past weekend. I think the lower pressures make them more suspectible to chunking if you catch a curb (I did).
3. First time I had to add air after sessions to get the pressures up to 35psi hot in the morning.
4. You need MORE camber. I had -2.5fr and -1.35rr and I murdered the outsides.
5. Less pressure rise. I got 13-14 psi starting at 27psi vs. 10 psi starting at 25 psi.
6. They no longer make that cooing sound...I miss that. It was relaxing.
I know, real men start at 25psi but I think I'll go with 36-37 psi hot and see how it goes.
Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE