View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
The question simply is what new toy are you thinking about?

UPDATE ... Update ... I had a change of heart, we will keep the M3 for a while

During those long winter months (you fellows down under might be thinking of cooler days ahead), anyway most of us car enthusiasts or for a better description car-nuts are thinking about what car to get next.

The thread on the new Corvette tells me that quite a few of you fellows out there are looking at the next Corvette as a new toy ~shaking my head~ Not that the new Corvette is not a nice car, to compare it to a ///M3 makes no sense to me. Then there is another thread about the ///M3 or the Corvette being the poor man’s car ... all I can say to that is:-

“Give me a break:”

So here is the question what new toy are you thinking about? (see poll)
  • I am content and never think about it my ///M3 is my toy here to stay for a while
  • I plan to order the new ///M4 as soon as the price list is out.
  • I plan to trade my ///M3 for another BMW not sure of the type yet.
  • I’ve been looking at the Porsche more and more as of late.
  • That new Corvette looks like it may be the one, have to see and touch it first.
  • My situation is none of the above so I left a post below
So why not share your secret ... what is on your mind about your next ride ...

Here is my situation since it is slightly different then the poll.

This being my existing toy, I plan to keep her for another year so that I can make one more cross country trip in my ///M along the stretches of route 66 I missed in 2009.

I might get the new BMW Z4 LCI Facelift complete with the ///M Package (first I need to see it at the Toronto International Auto Show this sping]. However only after I take my now ///M3 once more to California and up along the coastal highway. The 2 seater will do me fine since mostly I drive my car by myself.

Last but not least on my mind is this Porsche Cayenne GTS. If this is my choice then both my cars will be traded in for it and additional cash outlay would be zero to do it. If this is our final choice in the end (one or two years from now) I know this car would satisfy my wife’s as well as my needs. Time will tell if our final choice is to only own one car.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 02-16-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Edit ... ADDED UPDATE TO THIS POST also ... will keep out M3 for now
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada