United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
Damaged Bumper + Wrap Issue

I wanted to see what you guys thought about this issue:

Recently I got backed into outside my work, and the guy was awesome enough to leave a note, and everything has been pretty smooth sailing– I've been super thankful that this whole thing hasn't had to come out of pocket. Bumper repairs are done, and it's got the base Jerez black paint on it. (As a side note, Farmers has been super easy to deal with.)

At the moment, my car has a wrap on it that has been that has been there for about a year and has seen a little bit of sun. As you might imagine, the color has faded a little bit- and now with a newly wrapped bumper, it will look two-toned. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison to see how bad it will be, but both I and the shop doing the wrap agree that it will be different. Seeing as there isn't any way to color match that difference, really the only answer seems to be to re-wrap the whole car (and ideally have the insurance fit the bill)?

I know that might be excessive/optimistic thinking, but I really don't see why I should be left with a two-toned car? Aren't the insurance companies responsible for returning it to it's state prior to the accident? Am I crazy for thinking that/ anyone have any experience with this?

And again, I'm super thankful for how things have turned out to this point, but don't want to fit the bill for a full re-wrap unless I have to.