01-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
I've already stated that the appearance of a gun is not the issue. It seems to me you are the one who is focused on the looks of guns. I suppose telling yourself that anyone who doesn't share your gun fetish must be afraid of guns because they "look scary" somehow makes you feel a little more macho. But that's your issue, not mine. Even those with your same level of enthusiasm for guns recognize there is a problem in this country with gun violence. The numbers bear that out.
Many of the "assault weapons" you seem to know so much about function exactly the same as a lot of hunting rifles. So how is it not about cosmetics for you? If they function the same, why are only cosmetic mods being labeled as criteria to ban something? You used the word "menacing," not me. But, how is this about me now? Please, stay focused and on topic. Also, how do the numbers "bear out" on the TYPE of gun used in violent attacks?

You're the one calling them "menacing" when they function exactly the same as many hunting rifles. Can you make a distinction between your definition of an "assault weapon" and any number of hunting rifles on the market?

FWIW, I don't have a "fetish" for them, I enjoy hunting. I've also handled many strictly military firearms in my days in service. I know the differences, but do you? Sure doesn't seem like it. If you could answer the questions, instead of attempting to redirect/insult me because you don't know, that'd be nice.

I never said there wasn't a problem with violence in this country. Please point out where I did. I sure do agree with that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
So 20 first graders in Newtown had their bodies completely riddled with bullets in less than 10 minutes by a hunting rifle?
Could have been done just the same. The same damage can be done with a .22 caliber small game rifle. But because it doesn't have a collapsible stock or a pistol grip, it's not "menacing" enough for you?

Does this qualify as an "assault weapon" to you?
Attached Images