View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Military weapons have been banned for civilians for quite some time.
Yes, that's a true statement and there's a reason for that. Your statement supports the argument for reasonable gun regulation. Thank you.

You're focused on the looks. You're relying on what you see in the movies instead of doing research and (gasp) picking up a weapon with your own two hands.
I've already stated that the appearance of a gun is not the issue. It seems to me you are the one who is focused on the looks of guns. I suppose telling yourself that anyone who doesn't share your gun fetish must be afraid of guns because they "look scary" somehow makes you feel a little more macho. But that's your issue, not mine. Even those with your same level of enthusiasm for guns recognize there is a problem in this country with gun violence. The numbers bear that out.

There is fundamentally no difference between an AR-15 and many types of hunting rifles out there. It's all COSMETIC. But you'd know that if you actually ever saw a gun in real life.
So 20 first graders in Newtown had their bodies completely riddled with bullets in less than 10 minutes by a hunting rifle?