BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Please define "menacing gun" for me. Is it the black plastic stock criterion?
For me, the term menacing has very little to do with a guns appearance. It has more to do with a guns purpose; what it was specifically designed for. Guns for military use are specifically designed to kill a lot of humans quickly. That's what makes them menacing guns. They were not originally designed for personal use by civilians yet their derivative versions are among the most popular guns sold today.

Quote:
You are definitely missing the point on this. You don't get to challenge what I want to own, it's none of your business. I obey all laws and pose no threat to anyone that isn't threatening me or mine (or you). It's none of your business what kind of gun I have or want.
Your self righteous indignation is duly noted, but that doesn't change the facts.

A Pew poll shows the following:

85 percent of Americans support background checks
55 percent support an assault weapons ban
54 percent support a ban on high-capacity magazines

In the past notable republicans including Ronald Reagan supported reasonable gun restrictions including a ban on certain types of guns such as those described above. That was before Republicans were completely co-opted along with many Democrats by the NRA. The NRA says their interest is protecting citizen's rights to own guns, but truthfully their main concern is protecting gun manufacturers ability to make money.

Quote:
As mentioned before--there is no roadway in the US where you can use a BMW to its full potential so why do you/we need one?
You are (intentionally) overlooking the obvious but very important difference between BMWs and guns. BMWs are not designed to kill people.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 01-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Appreciate 0