01-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #31
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F-31 328d M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veegie View Post
Could anyone, if not OP, identify the lip in the first photo? I really like it.
It was a JL-motoring BMW E9X M3 VRS Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip. Pretty awesome little piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
OP - welcome back! I was just talking to someone who went from M3->GTR->M3...had similar impression on GTR. I was surprised to hear how much maintenance was...I thought since it was a Nissan that it would be relatively inexpensive...guess that was a false assumption on my part.

I'm impressed to see your FR-S have such a good lap time...I thought surely a stock M3 would still have a better time but like you said - on a technical course, if the M can't stretch it's legs, then the power differential is somewhat negated.

Id love to run against a e92 m3 @ texas world speedway or another fast track to see how i would do in the FR-S. I ran a 2:04.7 @ TWS CCW. I wonder if a E9X M3 owner can chime in with a time.

Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...