View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
PhoenixRising
Important text here

Drives: 2013 M3 Conv

Garage List
Shadowline trim on 2013 E93 M3

Hey guys. I've been reading all the threads on getting the shadowline trim installed on my Alpine White M3. To say I'm bummed out would be an understatement. Fitment issues, scratches/gouges, leaks, etc left me with only 2 alternatives - paint it or vinyl it.

I've used Plastidip and although it's pretty user-friendly I'm not fond of the bumpy texture you're left with. Not bad for wheels or distant pieces, but the trim is going to be in your face every time you enter and leave the car. So vinyl it is, since using any other kind of paint would require masking off the whole car to prevent overspray.

I found a very cool shop in the Phoenix area called The Wrap Shoppe (www.thewrapshoppe.com) that is very familiar with blacking out trim on highline cars. They are going to use 3M vinyl printed in black with a vinyl gloss coat on top. I have an appointment with them in a few days and will report back how it goes!

Here are the before pics...

If you have had similar experience please let me know if there are questions I should be asking or materials I should shy away from.

By the way, the price quoted was $250. Not bad seeing what others have paid. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

2009 AM V8 Vantage Conv - Berwick Bronze, Quicksilver Exhaust
2013 M3 Conv - (RIP) thanks to uninsured a-hole
2004 Porsche 911 C4S Conv
PhoenixRising is offline   United_States