View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #53
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
That is just afoul I cannot understand how your BMW dealer can recommend a shop like this.
It is definitely a mismatch in colour codes, if they do work like this then your BMW dealer should not recommend them in the first place.

Here in Canada we have certified body shops by BMW it simply means that some of the technicians are trained and certified by BMW to work on BMW's. Also the insurance company here make sure that work is done at a certified shop and the work is then guaranteed for as long as you drive the car. I don't know what the situation is in the USA. Small town dealerships may not have that option, I don't know. If I would live in a small US town and there was a BMW dealership I would inquire if they also do there body work at that body shop (if not I would take my car to the nearest larger city). Every BMW needs to do work one time or another on new cars, they do get bumped and scratched before delivery ... they just don't tell us about that.

Anyway, good luck in getting it fixed properly.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada