View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #24
erm324
Major

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Here it is.. going to be more aggressive when I try next time, or maybe I will change the LC RPM to 3,800 - 4,000. Pretty damn good launch though.. usually I get wheel hop which drives me nuts. Probably could have done better if I wasn't video taping my own launch and shifting too! lol

Here's a vid one of our customers sent us that we tuned a couple days ago.. You can see how much traction he has
First video you have perfect traction. And second video the guy does a shitty launch and half dumps clutch and ripping a shot - nothing that cant be done on an otherwise stock car. Of course you will spin tires depending on how you launch the car, that has nothing to do with your tune - its simply drivers skill. Hate to break it to you but nothing dramatic is occurring because of the "massive torque increase midrange" your're claiming. Take both cars in those videos onto the highway and hit it from a 40, those tires wont spin whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I'm considering getting a 4.10 but I already have serious traction issues in 1st and 2nd..
And FWIW, when you say you have "serious" traction issues in second, I was assuming you were experiencing something along the lines of what I experience in this video:

Seeing as how you exaggerate your traction issues, I cant help but feel you exaggerate the gains from your tune as well

Last edited by erm324; 01-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.
erm324 is offline   No_Country