View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #88
LarThaL
Colonel

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I haven't wanted a car this badly in a long time... since I bought my first M3. This might be next for me.
Agree completely. I will be hard pressed not to buy this car. My next car is 2 years away and the instant I saw this thing, my immediate response was "GOTTA HAVE IT". No other currently offered car has elicited this kind of response form me. And the value factor simply can not be ignored. Even at $70k for relatively loaded base Vette, it is an absolute bargain. Remember.... the current Z06, optioned out, hits close to $100k, and the new one is likely to be the same.

I think there are a lot of people who didn't buy the Vette due to certain design and interior quality issues, however, the C7 will change the game. Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, etc, etc. will really have to think about what they have to offer over this car, especially when you get to Z06 and ZR1 trim.

Hell....I am having a hard time resisting the temptation to get down to my local dealer and put a deposit down now, even though I know they will likely go for $10k above retail. At $80k for the 3LT base car, it is STILL a bargain. I am going to hold out, however, for the Z06. When the time comes that I can get the Z06 at MSRP, that's when I will buy. It will also give me enough time with the M3 that I will feel I have gotten good use out of it, as well as a little time for the aftermarket to build up. And the aftermarket for the Vette is enormous!!

This is just all so good !! And to all the GTR fanboys out there......it is possible to make a car with creases and angles and have it look spectacular!!!