Takes threads off topic...daily

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
I suspect in time one of two things will happen - either COTA will adjust their standards a bit and open to more DE's or will be even more limited than it is right now. Dumping fluids and off track excursions are inevitable. I can't think of too many DE's that I've been to where one or the other hasn't occurred. I don't see COTA having much tolerance in the first few years. Eventually, they'll either be able to handle or will have established enough alternatives to avoid DEs altogether.
I think its a couple of things. First, the facilities getting destroyed and vandalized in the paddock area. The garages are NICE and the floors are flawless. I'm sure they don't want the stuff getting tarted up for the F1 drivers (although I think it would be funny to blow up your buddy's garage bathroom ). Next are outside guests running on wild pastures tearing stuff up. Lastly is the track. I don't think dumping fluids is the major concern. More like the stuff around the track. Its not like you can pre collect if you destroy lots of air fence and armco. So really its up to your personal honor to pay for that stuff if its destroyed.

Again, the track manager (forget the title) said upper management don't know what to expect. I think, at least in my experience, they'll find that most that go to HPDEs are pretty sensible and well mannered people.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!

Last edited by bigjae1976; 01-14-2013 at 10:00 AM.